Sino-Zimbabwe Cement Company is dedicated to the protection of the environment in which it operates, and believes in the right of the individual employee to work in healthy and safe conditions.
The company’s management commits itself to:
- Minimize occupational health and safety risks, as well as environmental impact, through the employment of safe work methods, equipment and optimize resources. Minimize waste, and to use of natural resources in a sustainable way.
- Comply with all applicable safety, health and environmental laws, regulations and codes of practice to which Sino-Zimbabwe Cement Company subscribes to.
- Prevent or minimize environmental pollution and damage resulting from emission of dust, gases, effluent, etc, due to its activities.
- Setting and reviewing objectives and targets.
Consequently, Sino-Zimbabwe Cement Company shall;
- Develop, document, implement and maintain an effective safety, health and environmental management system targeting internationally recognized standards that enable it to identify, assess and manage risks to its employees, integrity of company assets, contractors and communities affected by its operations.
- Promote and maintain open and constructive dialogue and working conditions with employees, local communities, regulatory agencies and all other stakeholders.
- Train all its employees and other interested parties to enable them to understand their safety, health and environmental obligations, and to communicate this policy to all the organizations, stakeholders, including employees.
- Continually improve occupational health, safety and environmental performance to achieve world class standards.
- Review the policy at appropriate intervals.
- All employees, contractors, management and stakeholders are partners in the development and maintenance of a zero harm culture at Sino-Zimbabwe Cement Company.